I am an environmentally conscious person and try to do my bit; and recycling is such an easy way to reduce our waste. Yet so many people don’t seem to do it, or don’t know just how much more they could recycle. So here are a couple of things you may or may not know to recycle.
- Bread Bags. In most places you can recycle your bread bags. They just ask that they are clean bread bags.
- Plastic Bags. These days most places seem to be making their plastic bags recyclable. Some places even have a place where you can return their plastic bags to them to be recycled.
- Plastic packaging/wrap. You know all those annoying pieces of plastic covering something when you buy it? Well most of those can now be recycled too.
- Cosmetic Bottles/Shampoo Bottles etc. Most of these are also recyclable. Especially if it is plastic or glass. Metal ones can be recycled too, but they may be recycled differently, depending on your local body. Again just wash them out first. Some places like Lush also will recycle their lids for you.
- Paper and Cardboard. Ok everyone knows this should be recycled, but so many people don’t do it. So if you, aren’t a recycler, challenge yourself to at least start making an effort with paper and cardboard.
If you’re doing all of these, well done you!
*Disclaimer: what can be recycled may vary based on your local body. Please check with your recycling company as to what they can and can’t recycle.